Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Lunch at Marcia Adams' Restaurant

When Eugene, one of my closest friends in high school, flew from the US to Manila to join our high school reunion, Mitch and I decided to take him to Tagaytay for lunch. Mitch initially suggested Sonya's Garden but while I do like that place, I had been there a couple of times already so I suggested that we try something new. I had been interested in Marcia Adams' Restaurant for a while now so I recommended this place instead and Mitch thought it would be good for us try it. Cool!


Thankfully, Marcia Adams is on waze so it was pretty easy to find it. This restaurant doesn't have a view of Taal Lake but it does have its own charming view of hills and greenery. While I did make a reservation, when we arrived, there were a lot of available tables scattered over three general dining areas so we asked to be seated in the open area.


We all ended up ordering three courses since you can get a starter and a dessert at a pretty big discount if you ordered a main course. For my appetizer, I selected the Amalfi Prawns, which are prawns marinated in salt, pepper, olive oil, and parsley and coated in bread crumbs.

Amalfi Praws

For my main course, I had the Italian Pork Chop. I really enjoyed this dish. (My friend Mitch ordered the Beef Kebab and that was very, very good too.)

Italian Pork Chop

I was initially tempted to go a bit more traditional with my dessert choice but in the end, I decided to be a tad adventurous and try something new. As such, I got the Lavender Creme Brulee. I have to say, you can really taste the lavender in this dessert.

Lavender Creme Brulee

Marcia Adams has a really charming and cozy atmosphere and we easily spent a couple of hours enjoying the excellent food over great conversation. We also lucked out in that the weather was pretty good while we were there. After our meal, we went around the place to take pictures before heading back to Manila. Needless to say, it was a truly magical day spent with amazing friends.


Marcia Adams' Restaurant is on the expensive side, as is the case with many of the really good restaurants in Tagaytay, but it is definitely highly recommended. I am pretty sure I will visit this place again in the future.


Marcia Adams' Restaurant
https://www.facebook.com/MarciaAdamsResto/
J. P. Rizal Street, Alfonso, Cavite 4123
0917 801 1456

No comments: