Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Gospel version of U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

A couple of friends of mine recently traveled to Europe to see U2's Joshua Tree tour. This tour is named after the album that they released 30 years ago and which is considered by many to be one of the best albums of all time. My two favorite U2 songs - I still haven't found what I'm looking for and Where the streets have no name - are from Joshua Tree.

This version of I still haven't found what I'm looking for is actually from another U2 album, Rattle and Hum. This lyrics of this song have a religious tone so this gospel flavor makes perfect sense. The video is actually not the version you hear on the album (click on this link to hear the Rattle and Hum album version) but it is from the companion rockumentary film.


video uploaded in youtube by MofoU2Slovakia

They did this gospel version as well recently, when they guested in Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote their Joshua Tree tour. The cool thing about that was the flash mob effect, where people from the audience who were actually part of the choir, slowly joined in as the song built up.

No comments: