Thursday, August 31, 2017

Celebration dinner at Zucchini's

I had been wanting to try Zucchini's, a fine dining restaurant along Scout Tuason (near Tomas Morato), for a while now. When thinking of restaurants where we could celebrate the birthdays of my mom and my brother, I figured this would be a perfect venue.


Since we were celebrating a couple of special occasions, I decided to splurge on the food. We ordered a variety of soups: Forest Mushroom, French Onion, and Lobster Bisque. All of them were very good, but the general favorite seemed to be the lobster bisque. For our appetizer, we ordered the Seafood Platter, which consisted of smoked salmon, baked mussels, scallop gratin, and shrimp gambas.

Seafood Platter

We also ordered the Slow-Baked Bone Marrow with Sea Salt and Arugula. To enjoy this dish, we took some bone marrow, spread it on the crostini as if it were a pate, and added a bit of salt. This was really good too.

Slow-Baked Bone Marrow with Sea Salt and Arugula

In fact, everything we ordered was excellent, from the Certified Angus Beef Rib-Eye Steak...

Rib-Eye Steak

to the Chilean Seabass...

Chilean Seabass

to the Shrimp and Scallop with Truffle Oil Risotto...

Shrimp and Scallop with Truffle Oil Risotto

to the Lobster.

Lobste

After feasting on appetizers, soup, and entrees, we all still had room for dessert. Zucchini's very nicely gave us a couple of cakes for free to celebrate the two birthdays. On top of that, I ordered the Gruyere Parmesan Souffle with dulce de leche sauce on the side because I felt like trying a souffle and this combination seemed interesting.


What made our dining experience even more enjoyable was the ambience. The service is topnotch and the interior is warm and luxurious. The artwork displayed on the walls is fun and whimsical and, along with the dinnerware, give customers a sense that they are in France.



I am happy I chose Zucchini's as our celebration venue because my entire family greatly enjoyed our evening here. The food was exceptionally good and I'm pleased that my family also got to try menu items that they wouldn't normally order. Since it is a fine dining restaurant, the food is obvious pretty expensive but it is perfect for special occasions.


Zucchini's
http://zucchinis.com.ph/
20 Scout Tuason corner Scout Castor Streets, Quezon City, Philippines
(02) 415 5533

No comments: