Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Mystery Manila: Rebel Resistance

Escape room experiences have been around the Metro for a while but it is only this last month that I got to experience it for the first time. My friends and I went to Mystery Manila at Ayala Malls The 30th in Ortigas to see if we can could succeed in finding our way out of the room. We initially booked the Mr. Moriarty room but on the day of our reservation, there was a problem with that room and we were instead offered the Star Wars-themed Rebel Resistance room. Given that I am a huge Star Wars fan, this change actually went in my favor.


To be honest, I was not expecting to get out LOL. (Talk about not having any self-belief hehe.) The thing is, only about half of the social media photos of my friends who have tried escape rooms show them getting out. I also know that sometimes, strong-willed people can end up clashing with each other. Thankfully, that didn't happen to me and my friends. It was a very collaborative effort, with all of us contributing positively to helping us move forward and find our way out. Despite almost everyone in our group doing this for the first time, we managed to successfully get out in about 40 minutes. Awesome!


This was a very good first escape room experience for me and I am a fan. There are three other rooms in Mystery Manila at The 30th: Mr. Moriarty, the Harry Potter-themed Sorcerer's Stone, and Morbid Morgue. There are also three other branches of Mystery Manila: at Century City Mall, along Jupiter, and along E. Rodriguez Ave. in Quezon City. I am definitely going to Mystery Manila again.

Mystery Manila
http://www.mysterymanila.com/

No comments: