Sunday, March 26, 2017

Segovia's Cakes and Recipes

I recently brought my grandmother some ensaymada that I purchased from some random place and I asked her how they were. She said they were just okay. She went on to say that her favorite ensaymada is from some place in San Juan and that it was along "M. Reyes" street, near Xavier school. I decided to do an online search for "ensaymada M Reyes" and the first few hits I got were for Segovia's Cakes and Recipes. When I checked it on the map, it was along M.A. Reyes Street and was really close to Xavier. I figured that this must be it. I decided to get some ensaymada from Segovia's to bring to my grandmother (and a few more to bring to my family).


Segovia's Cakes and Recipes is not open on Sunday which is when I normally visit my grandmother so on one free Saturday afternoon in March, I decided to head over to Little Baguio in San Juan to make my purchase. Apparently, Segovia's used to be like a cafe where you can have a sit-down meal with sandwiches but they have done away with that set-up; now they only just sell baked items to go. I decided to get ensaymada, ube ensaymada, and mamon. (I would have tried their cheese rolls as well but they were out of stock when I was there.)


I have to say that when I tried the ensaymada, it lived it up the hype. It was fluffy and not too sweet. It's also not to expensive. (Unfortunately, I can't recall how much they cost; I think the ensaymada was P45 and the mamon was P40.) My grandmother confirmed that this was indeed the right ensaymada place she told me about. Cool! I now plan to visit Segovia's again to get more ensaymada and other baked items (hopefully including the cheese rolls).

Segovia's Cakes and Recipes
https://www.facebook.com/SegoviasCakesRecipes/
# 7 M.A. Reyes St. Little Baguio San Juan
725-2849 / 727-4616

No comments: