Monday, January 30, 2017

January hodgepodge

After having lunch with Daday and Patrick in Greenbelt, I decided to hang out a bit at the mall complex. I invariably found myself in Astroplus in Greenbelt 5 that afternoon, looking at the pre-owned CD shelf. As luck would have it, one of the first CDs I saw was Prince's 3121. I actually had been really interested to get this album after Prince passed away because it includes Lolita and Satisfied, two songs that Prince sang in one of the earlier seasons of American Idol. Without a second thought, I picked up the CD and purchased it immediately. (And yes, I am still stuck in the 20th century as I still buy CDs and DVDs while everyone else just listens to Spotify or downloads music and movies. Maybe over the next few years, I'll start becoming a bit more current in my use of technology. :))


It took a while but my washer-dryer (which broke down in late October) has finally been repaired. It was picked up from my place towards the end of November and returned to me in early January. I am now finally able to wash clothes again at home without having to go to Labarya. I will say though that my machine, or specifically the drying function, doesn't seem to be performing that well anymore. I now have to think about whether I should replace it (although it will be a very costly so I have to check my finances first).

I also only recently got to use the Severin coffee grinder that I bought more than a year ago. The cool thing about this is that I can now actually grind coffee beans right before I make coffee.


My nephew and I also had a crazy experience recently when our dog got loose when we took him to the vet. Apparently, the chain wasn't attached very securely and as he was resisting us as we tried to to usher him into the vet clinic, he got loose and starting running up and down the streets amidst traffic. It was so stressful running after our dog and I was really worried that he would be run over. After maybe five to ten minutes of running after him, our dog finally stopped and we were able to get a chain around him and bring him inside the clinic. Thankfully, what we thought could be some kind of major medical problem turned out to be a minor one so our dog was just prescribed some medication and we were able to take him home. The vet said that we might need to have our dog neutered though, so I might consult the rest of my family to see if this is an option we want to take.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I have a coffee grinder din! But my drip is only the one I brought with me from Vietnam. Where do you get your beans?

Xtn said...

sorry, late reply. I haven't purchased my own beans yet. I was given coffee beans by friends over the last several months so I'm just going through them. Once I consume all the beans I have, I'm quite interested to try the coffee from Bag of Beans in Tagaytay (if/when I go there next) or from Figaro.