Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hanging out

The last week has been tremendously busy but thankfully, I still managed to spend time with three different sets of friends.

On Saturday night, I met up with Zaza and Doms, both of whom I worked with very closely for many years as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility organization at work. We hadn't seen each other in a while and we all had a lot of stuff to share with each other so we decided it was time to meet up. We had dinner at Torch in Greenbelt - it was my first time to eat there and I thought the food was pretty good - before moving to Chateau 1771 for coffee and dessert. It was amazing to hear what each of us had been through since we last saw each other so there was a whole lot to catch up on. Apart from the amazing conversation, another memorable moment that night was that we saw a man propose to his now-fiancee. It was like what you see in the movies and everyone in the restaurant clapped when she said yes.

A few days later, I met up with my college friends for dinner at Uptown BGC. It was a bit random and it was actually the first time we met up without a special occasion but since we all had been chatting a lot with each other due to the recen; tly concluded Philippine elections, Jed suggested we meet up. Hes organized dinner and despite it being a working day, several of us were available. Uptown BGC is quite new so it isn't surprising that it was my first time there. I did find the parking a bit confusing since there were no exit signs. I guess there is still some work that needs to go in finishing this new mall.

Finally, I met up with some of my best friends from high school and college. I realized recently that every time that they would schedule a get-together, I had a conflict. That meant that I would arrive very late, I would have to leave early, or as was the case a few weeks ago, I would miss it altogether. As such, I identified a day when I was fully free and asked if any of them very available. As it turned out, everyone based in Manila was free that day. The plan was for us to meet up at Mitch's place in mid-afternoon before going to Estancia Mall for dinner but when we were all there, we felt so comfortable already that Mitch suggested we just have food delivered. So we did. After our Thunderbird out-of-town trip, Mitch got a Splendor game for her family so she suggested that we play it while we were there. It has been months since I last played Splendor but I still did quite well. We ended the night saying that we should all meet up again soon.

No comments: