Sunday, March 20, 2016

We almost lost our dog

There was a bit of a panic at home recently. I was hanging out with a couple of friends when I got a text from my mom saying that our dog was missing. Apparently, he went out of the house when my brother opened the gate to drive and my nephews said that our dog hadn't come back in more than an hour which never really happens. I suddenly had flashbacks of the time that our other dog went missing and never came back. I tried not to think about it since there was nothing I could do anyway. My mom said that they drove around the neighborhood looking for him but they couldn't see him. They even asked the guards in our subdivision for help.

After some time, I got a text from my mom saying that one of my nephews finally spotted him. It seems he was going around the neighborhood with a female dog and this companionship kept him out for a lot longer than we were used to. He didn't go into our house immediately after my nephew saw him but after about an hour more, he was safely home. While technically he didn't really get lost, I'm just really thankful that our dog is still with us now.


No comments: