Monday, March 28, 2016

The Royal Piccadilly Restaurant and Cakery

I first discovered Royal Piccadilly when I was looking at deals on Cashcashpinoy. There was an offer for a dozen cupcakes at a pretty good discount and I got a couple of those. Very shortly after that, I saw another offer for this same restaurant in Metrodeal: P200 for P400 worth of food. I decided to get a few vouchers of that as well, which allowed me to try a few different dishes.


When I saw the menu online, the first thing I wanted to try was the Bangers and Mash (P240). The sausages were a bit smaller and lighter than I expected but they had good flavor.

Bangers and Mash (P240)

I matched that with the Choco Lava Cake (P145). It was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with some chocolate chips and drizzles with a bit of caramel sauce. I have to say that I really loved this dessert. For only P145, I found this to be very good value for money. I will try this dessert again soon (even without the discount).

Choco Lava Cake (P145)

On a succeeding trip, I wanted to get the Beef and Gravy Pie but I was told that all pies were out of stock that day. Too bad. I instead chose the Beef Osso Bucco (P450). This one, I really did not like. I am not sure if I just got bad luck that day but the meat in my dish was too tough, most likely because it was overcooked. I am normally a fan of this dish but I won't be trying nor recommending Royal Piccadilly's version.

Beef Osso Bucco (P450)

On my most recent trip, I still wanted to get one of the pies but unfortunately they were still unavailable. I expressed my disappointment to the waiter and it seems that the pie recipes are in the process of being changed which is why they haven't been available. I ended up choosing the Grilled Pork Belly (P395) which was one of their specials, which I guess means that it isn't officially part of their permanent menu yet. This dish wasn't exactly British or European - in fact, it felt very Filipino - but it was really good. I'm not sure how the pork was marinated but it was very flavorful and cooked very well.

Grilled Pork Belly (395)

The Royal Piccadilly is located on the 2nd floor of the Petron Station along Katipunan. You can park in the Petron gas station but if you run out of parking space, there are several more parking slots in the basement. If you have your parking ticket validated, your first 1 or 2 hours are free (I can't recall exactly because I never took more than 1 hour). The restaurant doesn't have service charge so the price on the menu is what you pay. The service is friendly so you may want to tip a bit more generously given the lack of service charge. The price range is decent and the food is quite good for the most part so I am pretty sure I will be dining here again in the future, even without a discount. I just hope I get to try their pies soon. :)

The Royal Piccadilly Restaurant and Cakery
https://www.facebook.com/TRPRestaurantandCakery/
https://trprestaurant.wordpress.com/
2/F Petron Katipunan, Katipunan Ave. cor Mangyan Road, Quezon City.
Tel #: (02) 4353109
Operating hours: 10AM to 10 PM Mon-Fri, 7AM to 10PM Sat-Sun

No comments: