Monday, March 07, 2016

[Boracay] Epic

Epic is a pretty popular place in Boracay because of its location (right at the entrance to D'Mall), its great food, and the fact that it switches to club mode at night.


I worked up an appetite by spending a couple of hours in the sea and in the swimming pool of my hotel and since I had a relatively light lunch, I was pretty famished by dinner time. As such, I decided to order a starter and a main course.


For my appetizer, I got for the Croquettes (P240). These ham and gruyere cheese bites are served with an aioli dipping sauce. Not only was the portion size quite big, the croquettes were delicious! I had to force myself to stop eating them because I wanted to leave room for my main course. I took half of this appetizer back to my hotel and when I ate my leftovers a few hours later, they were still realy good!


For my main course, I had the Bangers and Mash (P360). This sausage and mashed potato combo is perfect comfort food for hungry tummies. And the portion size is pretty solid too.


My dinner at Epic was really good and thoroughly satisfying, which isn't really surprising since the menu was created by Chef Carlos Miguel who has made a name for himself with many popular restaurants in Manila (Draft, 71 Gramercy, Opus). I definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy a good meal in Boracay.

No comments: