Monday, February 01, 2016

Food tripping in Kalibo: Primavera

While in Kalibo for Ati-Atihan, I found time to try a few restaurants and food places in the city.

Primavera is at the corner of 19 Martyrs and G. Ramos Streets, just a couple of blocks away from the plaza. I ended up having lunch here on Saturday because I was looking for a place to have lunch and almost all places I saw were full. Primavera was also full but just as I passed by, a table became available so it became a logical and easy choice for me to eat here.


I ordered the Penne Rosa pasta (P252). It was pretty good, quite similar to the Penne Rosa of Amici.


It was while having lunch here that I saw the parades in full costume passing by so I decided to finish my pasta and not have any coffee and dessert, which was what I had originally planned. As such, I returned to Primavera the next day after having lunch with my relatives on Sunday so that I could get my caffeine fix. This time, I ordered a Cafe Americano and a slice of Sans Rival. (Total bill for both was P200, I guess each item was around P100; unfortunately, I lost the receipt.)


Overall, this is a place to have a meal, with is tasty food, good portion It has great ambience (I prefer sitting outdoors as the interior of the restaurant has a tendency to smell a bit like the smoke from all the food that was cooked during the day). They also don't have any service charge. If you are looking for Western cuisine and good coffee near the plaza, this is a good place for you.

No comments: