Thursday, December 03, 2015

Newman's Own Salsa for Charity

I was at Rustan's Supermarket recently and I was in the mood for some Tostitos. Naturally, I had to get some dip to go with it. My initial plan was to get the Tostitos Chunky Salsa dip but then I saw this interesting jar of Newman's Own Salsa.


At P255, it is a lot more expensive than the Tostitos dip but according to the print on the lid, all profits go to charity. That made me decide to try this salsa instead.


I later learned from its website that it was founded by Paul Newman. According to the website, "this idea was in Paul Newman's heart and, today, Newman's Own, Inc. continues his commitment to pay all profits and royalties from our food products to Newman’s Own Foundation, which supports charitable causes around the world. Over $450 million has been given to thousands of charities since 1982." That's pretty awesome. The next time I'm in the mood for Tostitos or other similar chips, maybe I will get a jar of Newman's Own Salsa again.

No comments: