Saturday, October 17, 2015

Subic: Texas Joe's House of Ribs

As I often do, before hitting Subic, I went online to check what restaurants I was interested to try. Texas Joe's kept on coming up in lists of Subic restaurants that visitors should try (it's currently #1 in Tripadvisor as of this writing). I had also seen some of my colleagues enjoy a meal here recently so I wanted to try it. My friends and I had lunch here and it was a very good choice.


Texas Joe's is quite spacious and it also has al fresco dining outside which means that you can mostly get seated even on a busy day. The vibe is casual and comfortable.


I definitely wanted to try their ribs but as soon as I checked the menu, I saw a photo of their grilled shrimp and it was really tempting. I was thinking of ordering both of them but thankfully, there was a Ribs and Shrimp Combo (P599) on the menu. That made my decision quite easy. This combo meal had included ribs with 2 bones and one stick of grilled shrimp but don't be fooled. The photo below doesn't do justice to the portion size. More than the size though, this dish was really good.


Since we were all quite hungry when we got there, I also ordered the Onion Loaf (P149) for everyone to share. It kind of reminds me of the onion loaf you can get at Racks.


Given how big the portion sizes are, a lot of my friends decided to get slightly bigger orders or ribs and share instead of getting individual orders. Everyone was really pleased with both the quality and quantity of the food. The service was also very good, with the wait staff always responding quickly and providing service with a smile. Texas Joe's is definitely worth visiting when you want to have a good and satisfying meal in Subic.


Texas Joe's House of Ribs
Waterfront Rd. Corner McKinley. Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Olongapo City, Philippines

(047) 252 3189

No comments: