Saturday, August 01, 2015

Look at the bright side

I got up relatively early today to go to the clinic to see my doctor for a follow-up check-up. I got there with about 45 minutes before the end of clinic hours but unfortunately, I was told when I arrived that my doctor left early for some personal errands. Argh! It was very frustrating because I wasted a lot of time on a weekend morning that I could have spent sleeping or doing something else.

It was close to lunch time as I was heading home, so to make the most the most of my available time, I decided to pass by Century City Mall, which wasn't too far from the clinic. I saw a TV show recently where the hosts were trying out some restaurants in Hole in the Wall and I thought I would like to try this place out myself.

Once I got to the mall, I passed by Cotton On which was apparently on sale. I decided to take a quick look and as luck would have it, the shirts that were on sale fit me quite decently. For me, that's a bit of a find because it's not that easy for me to find shirts that fit well given how everything is slim fit nowadays. A couple of items on sale had designs and colors that I don't have in my wardrobe yet. As such, I ended up getting those two shirts at P600 each. Cool!

After my quick shopping detour (it took maybe 10 to 15 minutes for me to select those 2 shirts, try them on, and buy them LOL), I headed up to the 4th floor to have lunch at Hole in the Wall. It was a bit daunting at first because there are so many different restaurants there. I ended up trying the Black Vinegar Pork Chop at Kwong's Provisions. It was pretty tasty and the portion size was quite big. I didn't have room for dessert after that so I instead got a couple of cookies from Scout's Honor.

So while the day started out pretty poorly, it all turned out pretty well. I would most likely not have gone to Century City Mall earlier today if my doctor was at her clinic because I had an appointment in the middle of the afternoon and if my follow-up check-up pushed through, there wouldn't have been enough time for me to visit the mall afterwards. If I didn't get to visit the mall, I would've missed the two shirts I saw that were on sale and I wouldn't have been able to try Hole in the Wall. Pretty cool!

No comments: