Monday, August 17, 2015

Inaanak #8

My cousin Rainier and his wife Doris asked me a few weeks ago if I could be one of the ninongs of their son, Joaquin. I was very honored that they would ask me so I immediately said yes. The Christening was held at the Serafic Hall of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. My cousin Fr. John, who is Rainier's brother, was in Manila so he officiated the sacrament. This was the first time that I saw a total immersion baptism where the babies were fully submerged into the water three times. Most other baptisms I've been in the past involved only affusion.

Our lunch reception was held a short drive away from the church and the party was initially set-up to be outdoors, with a tent covering most of the tables. Unfortunately, it started raining that morning so all the tables were crammed into the dining area under the tent. Despite having less space than originally planned, there was enough room for us to enjoy the party.


Joaquin is now my 8th inaanak. Call my OC but I actually have a file that lists down all my godchildren and their birthdays. That way, I will always know how old they are during Christmas to make sure I get all of them gifts that are a good fit for their age. :) Welcome to the Christian world, Joaquin!

No comments: