Thursday, June 11, 2015

Wildflour and Farmacy night

To kick off the long weekend, my college friends and I decided to meet up in Wildflour in BGC for dinner earlier tonight. Our friend Weng was in town, albeit under unfortunate circumstances, so we decided to do something positive and happy while she was still in Manila. I was actually about an hour late for dinner because I had to close out a lot of issues at work before the long weekend. When I arrived, Weng, Letllet, Gosh, and Kermin were already there and the food that everyone ordered had already been served, allowing me to dive in immediately. Which was good because I was famished. I ended up overeating but it was so easy to do because the food was good and I was very hungry. Lala soon joined us and ordered more food - which I still shared with her LOL - and later on, Jed joined us.

After dinner, we moved to Farmacy, which I think is also owned by Wildflour, to have some ice cream. I had never been to Farmacy before and it's a bit interesting because it's supposed to be an ice cream and soda fountain place but they also serve craft beers. We were all still quite full so instead of everyone getting individual ice cream orders, we just decided to get a few items and share them. Everyone seemed to love the Banutter sundae (vanilla, banana, peanut butter ice cream with caramel sauce, candied peanuts and whipped cream) but while it was really good, I somehow still preferred the simple but classic flavors of the Rocky Road Sundae.


I had planned on leaving at around 11PM and I had in fact already started saying goodbye but just as I was about to leave, Gosh told me that I should try to play Quiz App since he felt I would enjoy it. Quiz App is a trivia game where you compete with someone else in the world to see who can score more points on a variety of categories. Points are awarded not only for correct answers but also how quickly you respond. We started off with the Pixar category. We didn't do well there since there were questions like which movie did this person write or who created the musical score for which movie. Gosh played the Game of Thrones category which he easily won. We then moved to Star Wars which I requested and I would have won had I not made the stupid mistake of selecting Jim Henson too quickly as the voice of Yoda (when I knew in fact it was Frank Oz ugh) so we lost by small margin.

It was at that point where we moved to the "Name the movie star" category and here we won practically every round we played. The only time we lost was when Weng made the mistake of pressing Jeff Bridges too quickly when the person in the photo was actually Jeff Daniels. Our success in this category allowed us to move quickly to level 6. Cool! This also meant that I ended up staying about 30 minutes longer than I had intended hahaha. But that was okay. Everyone was telling me I should get that app but I probably won't as I may end up losing so much time playing it. :) It was close to midnight when I left but hopefully we all get to hang out again soon. A couple of people are turning a year older soon so we may have a party to celebrate their birthdays.

No comments: