Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Record month

What an interesting month. I achieved a few personal blogging records and milestones this March. I celebrated my blog's 10th anniversary. I scored another perfect month after managing to put up one blog post for each day of the month, a feat I accomplished only twice before. I also became a bit of a blogging machine as I published 67 posts in the first three months of 2015. This is by far the most I have written over a three-month period.

Due to a combination of these things and a few other factors, my blog also recorded the most number of views in a single month, with 3608. Wow! This is the first time my blog exceeded 3000 views in a month; prior to this, the most hits my blog got in a month was 2720. Checking my blog stats, it seems that about half of the traffic I got in the entire month came after I published these four posts:

Michelle Obama dances on Ellen on March 18.
Total hits that day - 835
Not sure what was going on here but immediately after I posted this, my blog ended up with 763 views. Which is strange because this post itself only has 12 views. :) My guess is that maybe there is a horde of bots that detected what I wrote.

Happy 10th anniversary! on March 10
Total hits that day - 557
I shared this blog post with all my friends so my blog was bound to have a lot of views after that.

Happy 10th anniversary! (Part 2) on March 11
Total hits that day - 239
I also shared this post with my friends, especially since it had a very good summary of the many local and international trips I've taken.

10 books that have stayed with me (part 2) on March 18
Total hits that day - 182
Once again, I don't know what was going on. Maybe a lot of bots picked up something I wrote here (or in the previous post on 10 books that have stated with me (part 1)

Regardless of how these blog stats work (they all still don't really make sense to me LOL), March 2015 is definitely one of the most memorable months in my blogging history.

No comments: