Saturday, February 21, 2015

Volleyball night

Our volleyball club at work organizes games quite regularly nowadays. Since I was available earlier tonight, I decided to play. It was the first time I hit the court in four months and I wasn't sure what my form would be given that I couldn't effectively jump and attack the ball the last time I played. Not sure if my recent 5-pound weight loss had anything to do but I actually did much better earlier tonight, at least in terms of my attacks and serves. (My reception was a bit on-off LOL.) It was the first time I could spike consistently in a long time. Cool!

I got to play a few (several?) sets and it's too bad that we had to end that final set prematurely because the court had to be closed. It was a very tight and fiercely contested set. We were down 21-24 before making a comeback and even taking the lead. We asked the court manager for a bit of an extension which he gave us but we were playing some long rallies and we had to call it quits at 26-all. Wow!

The flipside to all that enjoyment is that now my body hurts all over LOL. However, I also did say recently that I have to start exercising more regularly. Hopefully I get to play a bit more frequently in the future.

No comments: