Sunday, January 18, 2015

Post-Christmas reunions

January is a time for catching up, mainly because a lot of friends who live abroad are still in town and also because December is incredibly busy and finding a common time to meet up during the Christmas season is tough. My first post-Christmas reunion was with my ex-teammates at work. Our friend Reg was in town so we made sure we could catch up with her while she was still here. We ended up having dinner near the office since a lot of us still had to return to work after dinner.

The next day, I had dinner with my college batchmates since our friends Weng and Bong were in town. I was incredibly busy that night with a few issues popping up at the last minute but I hadn't seen Bong and Weng in ages so I made sure I would still catch up, albeit very late. Our dinner was in Va Bene in Bonifacio High Street (this is their second branch; the original is in the Petron station at the corner of EDSA and Pasay Road). I had never been to Va Bene before and I thought food here was pretty good. The restaurant closed at 10pm so we walked over to the nearby Starbucks to have some coffee before calling it a night.

Finally, I got to meet up with Jesse and our other friends during the first day of the long weekend. The plan was for us to meet up in Wicked by Cravings in Shangri-La mall. I got there a bit earlier than everyone else and since I hadn't had lunch yet, I decided to eat in Kettle which is right next to Wicked. That way, I could easily see if anyone else arrives. This was my first time in both Kettle and Wicked and both were quite good. I especially loved the Mallows and Pecan bark at Wicked. By 7pm Jesse had to leave to meet up with her family but the rest of us had dinner in Cyma.

I was supposed to catch up with a couple more sets of friends this long weekend but unfortunately, I woke up on Saturday with terrible stomach problems and had to reschedule them. Darn. I'm just hoping that this isn't similar to the really bad problems I had almost 2 years ago (I don't think it is since I have been getting a bit hungry today already).

No comments: