Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nomination #19

The Oscar nominations were just released and guess what? The Marvelous Meryl Streep adds to a record she has had for many years already by notching her 19th acting nomination. This time, it's for best supporting actress for her portrayal of the Witch in the film adaptation of Steven Sondheim's Into the Woods.

Into the Woods was released in the US over Christmas but it won't be released in cinemas here in Manila until the end of January. I checked out a couple of Meryl's recordings on youtube and they are amazing! We all know she can sing but there are things she does with her voice here that I didn't know she could do. Awesome!

Check out "Stay with me", one of the songs in the soundtrack. You can feel her emotion as she sings this even if you don't see her face so I can only imagine what it will be like when I see her on the big screen.


video uploaded in youtube by DisneyMusicVEVO

Just a few months ago, she also added to her Golden Globe nomination record. Incredible! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out.

No comments: