Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A good meal

I finally had my first really good meal in the last two weeks. I met up with my friends Anne and Georg who were in Manila again after spending some time in the province during their Philippine visit. I was supposed to meet them a week ago as well but I was having really bad stomach problems so I couldn't join them for dinner then.

These stomach problems I've been having are the reason why I haven't had a good meal in the last several days. Doctor's orders were for me to stay away from dairy products, oily, fatty and spicy food, raw food (including salads), caffeine, softdrinks, chocolate, citrus fruits and drinks, and tomato-based products. Not many options left for me to eat so most days I was just feeding on Skyflakes and bananas and drinking water and gatorade. Of course, I didn't have much of an appetite either. As my stomach started getting better, I started eating more and more food items. I can sort of eat pretty much anything now except for dairy and raw food, which my doctor said I should really stay away from for a couple of weeks

When I joined Anne and Georg and a few other friends earlier tonight, my normal appetite seemed to be back. Interestingly and appropriately enough, we had dinner at Eat Well. :) For the first time in two weeks, I overate and I now feel absolutely stuffed. (Hopefully I don't suffer a relapse...) Of course, to go with the good meal was a whole lot of fun and animated conversation. It was a really good night spent with really good friends.

No comments: