Friday, December 26, 2014

Goldfish Salvation by Riusuke Fukahori

I saw a clip about Riusuke Fukahori on a random TV show recently and I was so impressed by his work. He creates incredibly realistic 3D paintings of goldfish by painting on multiple layers of resin. Not only is the artwork stunning by itself but the amount of ingenuity and painstaking effort and time is just awe-inspiring. I mean, he has to wait for each layer of resin to dry before painting on that layer and he has to do so many of those. (If I recall correctly, I think each piece of art takes months to create).

Check it out here (the goldfish resin painting is showcased in the first half of the video):


video uploaded in youtube by yfu1999

In the show I saw, Fukahori-san said that he has made mistakes where the layer of resin wasn't laid out correctly, resulting in air bubbles and ruining his work. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be, knowing that you spent so much time on something and having to start again. This artist and his devotion to his craft is absolutely outstanding. I would certainly love to have one of his pieces.

Official facebook page of Riusuke Fukahori: https://www.facebook.com/RiusukeFukahori

No comments: