Monday, November 10, 2014

Videoke birthday celebration

To celebrate my friend Iona's birthday, her husband organized a karaoke party last weekend. I was actually second to arrive, the first being our other friend Joyce. When Iona and some of her family arrived (shortly after I did), the singing and eating started.

I was looking forward to that evening but then I got sick in the days leading up to it so I still had a sore throat during the actual event. Nice timing haha. My updated karaoke repertoire includes "All of me" and "Say something" which I have sung almost every time I've been to a karaoke bar this year. Iona said she wanted me to sing some songs from my band days, so I tossed in a few U2 and Coldplay songs, as well as Jeff Buckley's "Last goodbye". Thankfully, despite the bad throat, I was still able to sing pretty decently and hit all the high notes (including the high falsettos). Otherwise, it would have been embarrassing as there were so many other people there I hadn't met up until that night haha.

About a decade ago, our high school/college set of friends had a karaoke night and we ended the night with "Used to be" by Stevie Wonder and Charlene. We all enjoyed singing this song a lot that we said we should make it our official group karaoke song. As such, I included it in our playlist that night and Iona, Joyce and I combined to sing it and as expected, had a lot of fun doing so. It was such a great night that I think we need to do something like this again soon.

No comments: