Sunday, November 16, 2014

Awesome day at Enchanted Kingdom

Yesterday, I went to Enchanted Kingdom as part of my company's anniversary celebration. For the entire day, access to the amusement park was exclusive to company employees and our family and friends. Because EK was blocked off, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for me to take my family there because it wouldn't be as crowded as it normally is.


I was hoping this trip would make up for the last time I visited Enchanted Kingdom which was a major bust because the lines to get on the rides were incredibly long and we ended up just getting on the ferris wheel and going shopping. True enough, this time around, the waiting time for the rides wasn't too bad - it was around 30-45 minutes on average only. As such, despite arriving there mid-afternoon, my family was able to try a few attractions. Cool! I myself didn't get on too many rides but my brother and my nephew did. They got to try the Ekstreme Tower, Anchor's Away, and Space Shuttle. As a family, we all went into Rialto which was a major disappointment. I remember getting on this attraction back in the day when it was pretty exciting because it was a motion simulator where you felt like you yourself were moving. This time around, it was just like watching a 3D movie with your seat moving. I definitely don't recommend it (at least not with the current Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs experience). However, we did follow that up with a trip to 7D and that was a really, really fun and amazing ride! You need to pay an additional P100 per person to get in but it is definitely worth it!


Before the park closed, my brother and my nephews tried the XPP paintball (it costs an additional P120 per person) and despite there being only 3 of them, they all still had a blast. With around 10 minutes left before the park closed, my nephews and I still managed to get on the Jungle Log Jam. As there were no more lines, once we got out, we went back in again. We were all pretty soaked after but since the park was already closed, we all just got into dry clothes and headed home.


All in all, an awesome day that definitely made up for the last time we were there. The only unfortunate thing was that Rio Grande was closed so I wasn't able to experience it. Maybe one of these days, when it isn't peak season, I'll take my family there again.

No comments: