Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Karaoke 4x

I hadn't been to videoke places a lot in the last couple of years so I guess it was a bit of a change for me to find myself singing the night away four times in a span of two weeks with four different sets of friends.

I purchased a couple of Centerstage vouchers on Deal Grocer that were expiring in August. I had intended to use them in July but somehow, my schedule got really crazy and I couldn't use them then. As such, I had to schedule their use within the last week of August to make sure they didn't expire. The first one, I used with my friends from our music band club at work. We planned to enjoy a karaoke night after we went to Relik for their acoustic singalong night and decided we needed to sing again.

The second voucher, I used a week after that, this time with my friends from our corporate social responsibility organization at work. It was kind of a reunion for the ten of us since six of the people in that group had already left the company and the last time we were all together was in our last reunion about a year ago.

However, my voice was really hoarse that night because I was also in Centerstage the night before. It wasn't planned though. One of my teammates at work resigned and we threw an impromptu despedida for him. Normally we would just go out to the neighborhood pub and drink until the sun came up but one of the guys recommended we go out and have a karaoke night and everyone else agreed.

Finally, a week later, I joined an ex-officemate and some of our other friends for a night in Chicago KTV. I got there quite late because I was double-booked so I thought that people would be leaving shortly after I got there. Somehow we ended up having lots of videoke fun for a few more hours before calling it a night.

Not sure now when the next karaoke night will but I probably have had more than my fair share this year already. Or then again, maybe not. :)

No comments: