Monday, August 25, 2014

Revisiting Batanes: New sights and experiences

While second Batanes trip allowed me to revisit a lot of familiar places, it also gave me an opportunity to see new places and have new experiences. One of these places was the Mahatao View Deck which we visited during our Saturday tour day.


This stone steps lead to a small secluded beach. As you can see from here, the water looks pristine and clear. There is a grotto at the top of the steps.


Also during the tour, we passed by an inlet which serves as a dock for boats during storms; the mountain protects the boats from strong winds and massive waves. My friend wanted to stop by to take photos in this area although the really good shots were taken from the road looking down into the inlet since you can see the beautiful blue water from that vantage point.


I also got the chance to have my photo taken with one of the many "Blow UR Horn" signs along the road.


We spent a good amount of time in the Basco municipal center and this allowed me to pay a visit to the Santo Domingo Church or Basco Cathedral (Simbahan ng Basco).


The church is named after Santo Domingo, the patron saint of Basco, and was founded by Fr. Baltazar Calderon and Fr. Bartolome Artiguez in 1783.


The day before our tour, my friends and I decided to rent some bikes which we rode to the Basco Lighthouse. I honestly don't recall the last time I was on a bike prior to this Batanes trip.


Finally, the main purpose of this trip was of course to attend the wedding of Marco and Cha. It was held at the Tukon Chapel near Fundacion Pacita.


Next post: things that have changed since I was there last.

No comments: