Sunday, June 15, 2014

My stupid mistake

Last week, I missed the first birthday party of my friend's son because I was so extraordinarily tired during the work week leading up to it that I ended up sleeping through my alarms. This weekend, the daughter of my other friends was celebrating her 7th birthday so I was intent on making sure I wouldn't oversleep for a second consecutive weekend.

Thankfully, I woke up early enough on Saturday and as such, I had time to get cleaned up, buy a gift, and have lunch. However, I got a text from my mom asking me if I could join the family for a late lunch. I figured that, since I had already gotten the gift, I could join them and just be a bit late for the children's party. After all, our family lunch was only around 15 minutes away from the party venue.

So that's exactly what I did. I ended up being with my family for about an hour before I said goodbye. I put the gift in my car and headed straight for the party. By that time I was already about an hour late but I thought it still wouldn't be too bad. Once I got to the venue, I was surprised that there was a lot of available parking. Well guess what? It turns out I wasn't an hour late. I was actually 23 hours early! OMG! I'm not sure how I got the date mixed up in my head but I was absolutely certain the party was on Saturday when it apparently was on Sunday. Great. And to think I made sure not to stuff myself during my late lunch because I thought I would be eating again during the party.

I told the parking guard that I indeed got there a day early and drove off quite embarrassed. I may not have slept through my alarms but I clearly didn't pay careful attention to the invite I got. Hahahaha. Thankfully the party venue wasn't so far away from where I already was and the traffic wasn't so bad. I can at least laugh about it now. Oh and yes, I did successfully make it to the party earlier today. :)

No comments: