Friday, June 13, 2014

My nephew's graduation

You know you're getting old when none of your nephews are in grade school anymore. :) It was a first for me since the graduation of my youngest nephew was held on a Sunday but that was actually better because it meant we didn't have to take time out from work and we didn't have to go through heavy traffic.

I asked my nephew where he wanted to eat for his graduation celebration and he said he wanted TWG. The closest one to where we were was in Shangri-La Mall so we headed there after the ceremony to have a very late lunch (or a very early dinner). Unfortunately, the dish that my nephew loves - a pasta dish with pesto sauce I think - was no longer in the menu. He ended up trying a salmon dish instead (which he enjoyed) and partnered it with a side of truffle fries.The food in TWG is quite expensive actually but everything we ordered was quite good (I really liked my Sauté of Beef).

After our meal, there was still some time for us to go around the mall before the Sunday mass at the mall. We went to Datablitz since my older nephew wanted to check out gaming headphones (he had been saving money to buy one) and I ended up getting my other nephew Minecraft for XBOX as a graduation gift. We headed home after mass and since most of us were still not very hungry after our late afternoon meal, we didn't head out for dinner anymore. Another great day spent with the people I love.

No comments: