Monday, June 02, 2014

A night at Relik and Center Stage

Last Friday, I met up with my friends from our band club at work. We decided to go to Relik so we could participate in their weekend open mic night. My friend Calai and I both got a turn. She performed Beyonce's Love on Top while I took a shot at U2's Beautiful Day. Towards the end of the set, my friends RJ, Julie, Jef and Ric all performed together as a band, giving the house musicians a bit of a break before they came back on stage and closed the second set.

Of course, it is to be expected that once we had all gotten our performance juices flowing, we wanted more. So we made our way to Center Stage to cap off the evening with some karaoke. It was close to 3AM when we got there giving us just a bit more than an hour before the place would close. Still, we managed to stuff in quite a lot of songs even in that short period of time. Personal highlight of the evening was me singing Say something by A Great Big World with Julie (although of course with Julie singing harmony, we ended up doing the version that features Christina Aguilera). I really do love this song. Hopefully I get to perform live at some point.

We all had such a fun time that the plan now is to do this more often. How much more often still remains to be seen given we are all very busy and our schedules don't always match. However, since a couple of us in the group didn't get to sing in Relik's open mic night, I am guessing we will want to go there again soon so they get a bit of airtime themselves.

No comments: