Saturday, May 17, 2014

Midweek reunion dinner

My friend and ex-manager, Els, was in the Philippines and as such, our team decided to organize dinner with her. Els actually spent most of her time outside Manila during this trip so the best time for us to meet up was the evening before her flight back to Europe.

I actually had some very important business meetings that same night that I couldn't cancel so I told everyone that I would be really late and that if they were still together by 10:30 PM, I would catch up. As it turned out, Els' flight back to Manila from her dive trip got massively delayed so she had just been with the rest of the folks for maybe half an hour or 45 minutes when I finally got there.

We had dinner in Chili's Greenbelt and we stayed there until around 12:30 AM. It was my first time seeing a few folks from our old team in a while. In fact, we told Els that she was the glue of the team since we all got to see each other only when she was in town so we told her she had to come back to Manila more often. :) As always,  it was really fun catching up with her and with everybody else. Hopefully, those of us in Manila also get to meet up more often since we're all here anyway.

No comments: