Sunday, April 20, 2014

Shipping from US via Forexworld

I recently discovered Forexworld, a relatively inexpensive way to get stuff shipped from the US to the Philippines. It was recommended to me by a couple of friends who have been using it for years now and I decided to try it out.

In the past, whenever I wanted to purchase something from Amazon.com (usually because the item I'm looking for isn't readily available in Manila), I would have it shipped to a friend in the US who would be traveling to the Philippines. More recently, my friends who were using the services of Forexworld told me that if I needed anything from the States, I could include my order in their shipment and just pay for my share of the shipping costs. However, I realized in the last few months that I wanted to order enough stuff from Amazon to fill up my own balikbayan box. As such, I asked my friends about Forexworld and decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed and I have now in fact availed of their services twice now.


I placed my first order last December. I ordered several items from Amazon, a few of them bulky. Once Forexworld received all my stuff, it took about a month for my package to be delivered from the port in LA to my doorstep. (Note that it does take a few days for your order to be shipped once all items have been received by the warehouse.) Not bad.


Once my first package arrived, with all items complete and in good condition, I decided to place another order. Once again, it took about a month for my package to arrive.


Both of my packages were medium-sized (red box) so the shipping cost was about $45 each or about P2250. Payment can be done by depositing into the Forexworld BDO account which you can find in their FAQ. They apparently have an air shipment option if you want to get your stuff more quickly but it is of course a lot more expensive than the regular option. I now have a next set of items lined up for order but I'll probably wait til mid-May before placing my next set of orders. :)

No comments: