Sunday, March 30, 2014

Catching up

I met up with my college friends last night because a couple of us who are now based abroad were in town. While it is great that we got to see each other, it was not under very good circumstances. One of us was undergoing a pretty bad personal situation so we all decided to meet up to show our support.

I met up with the gang in Greeka Kouzina in SM Aura for dinner. As I was very late, almost everyone had already eaten so I went through their left-overs, all of which were really good. As I was still very hungry, I ordered another dish - the Arni Keftedes Pasta or Lamb Meatball Pasta - but this dish was just so-so so I regretted picking it instead of the Moussaka which I initially thought of getting. Ah well.

After dinner, some folks had to go home already so the rest of us who was still there headed up to Coffee Bean where we stayed for the next couple of hours. We decided to sit outdoors since there wasn't much space for us inside. We got there shortly before Earth Hour which meant that for about the next hour, we enjoyed our coffee in relative darkness.

It was an interesting night to say the least and unlike most we've ever had as a group. While there were a lot of good, positive stories that people shared with each other, apart from the difficult personal situation of our friend, a lot of us also shared some not-so-good stuff happening in our respective lives. Hopefully the next time I see the gang will be under much better circumstances.

No comments: