Friday, February 07, 2014

Friday night dinner

My friend Sharon is an ex-colleague from back in my first job and she's been living in the US for more than a decade already. She is currently in town to attend a reunion and we managed to have dinner with her while she is still here. Our friend Jette organized our get-together and we initially planned to meet up somewhere in Makati before things changed late in the afternoon and we ended up having dinner in Greenhills instead. Not really the ideal situation for me since the traffic was bad and it did take more than an hour to join the rest of them.

The initial plan was to have dinner in Banana Leaf in Greenbelt. I guess because people didn't want to think of other options, when we moved to Greenhills, we still stuck with the same restaurant since there also is a Banana Leaf at the Promenade. By the time I got there, everyone had already finished eating so I just polished off the rest of the food. :) Unfortunately, Sharon had to be somewhere else later in the evening so we only got to stay there for another 30-45 minutes before we said our goodbyes. Despite a relatively short time together, it was still a great night.

No comments: