Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Weekend in Cocoon Boutique

Months ago, I bought a Deal Grocer voucher for an overnight stay at the Cocoon Boutique Hotel in the Tomas Morato area. I decided to use it recently since the last several weeks had been very busy and I needed some time away from everything familiar to unwind and relax without actually leaving the city.


I first learned about this hotel when my cousins who are now based in Canada came home a couple of years ago. They stayed in Cocoon and they said it was a really good hotel. When I saw the voucher I decided to try it for myself. It's a small, cozy hotel and the main lobby is quite welcoming, with its comfortable seating and high ceiling.


I think I got the Deluxe Room which was actually really spacious.


When making a room reservation, I opted for the "Twin-together" bed that mimicked a California King bed. It was really comfortable!


The bathroom is pretty cool because it has glass walls with blinds on the inside. You can open the blinds so you can still watch TV while you are in the shower or the bathtub.


Too bad I didn't get to use the bathtub. However, the bathroom is quite spacious and has a luxurious feel to it.


The elevator control panel was pretty cool and unique too.


There are things about the hotel that I wasn't such a fan of. My room overlooked Scout Rallos and there was a bar outside so late at night, I could hear the noise from the bar. Also, while sitting at the desk and working on my laptop, I could hear the person from the other room speaking so the walls aren't completely soundproof.


Despite these disadvantages, my overall experience here was pretty great. As mentioned, the room is really comfortable and spacious, Also, the service is excellent - both check-in and check-out were a breeze and when I made a reservation via phone, they asked me if I wanted a parking slot at the basement and they did reserve one for me. The breakfast staff was also very friendly and helpful. My room came with free breakfast and while the buffet spread itself isn't that extensive, you actually get to order an ala carte item to go with it so everything combined means that you have a pretty good meal.

The location is also great. A 24-hour McDonald's is almost right next door and Causeway is just a bit further down the road. Tomas Morato itself is about a ten minutes away only. I got to walk along most of Tomas Morato that evening.



Cocoon Boutique Hotel is actually ranked #1 on Tripadvisor among hotels in Quezon City as of this writing and I am not surprised. I definitely enjoyed my stay here and I wouldn't mind going back. They actually have one and two-bedroom suites here so maybe the next time I visit, I can also bring my family with me.

No comments: