Thursday, January 09, 2014

Tagaytay Food Trip 2: Breakfast at Antonio's

This wasn't the first time I had a meal in Breakfast at Antonio's. When I had lunch there back in 2008, I felt it was overrated. Nevertheless, me being the big fan of breakfast food that I am, I decided I wanted to give it another try. Thankfully, I did because I just did a complete 180! Maybe I ordered the wrong thing the first time I was there, or maybe they had a bad day. Whatever the case, this time around I became a massive fan.


I got there mid-afternoon and I still hadn't had lunch yet so I was pretty hungry when I arrived. I ordered the Roesti with Bacon, Swiss Cheese & Over Easy Eggs (P320). And wow, this dish is soooo exceptionally good!


The potatoes (roesti is a Swiss potato pancake) served as the base and every other ingredient was delicately and carefully piled on top of it. The eggs were perfectly cooked and I loved how the yolk just gently oozed out into the rest of the dish as I cut it up. You could taste every single ingredient, from the silky egg to the crisp and salty bacon to the flavorful cheese to the delicious potatoes and everything just worked perfectly together. This Bacon Roesti has now been elevated to one of my favorite dishes and it makes me want to go back to Tagaytay just so I can have it again. :)

The dish came with freshly baked bread and it should be enough to fill anyone's stomach but I was committed to trying another item on the menu so I also ordered the Apple Pie (215) for dessert.


It's actually quite a big apple pie and it can be shared by 2-3 people or more. The pie crust was soft and flaky although I do think it was a bit too thick. Clearly, I wasn't able to eat everything so I took the rest back to my hotel and enjoyed it later that night.

Breakfast at Antonio's also serves bottomless brewed coffee (P180). I had a few cups of coffee to complement my roesti and apple pie. To make the overall dining experience here even better, the service was incredible. I guess it helped that there were just a few other customers there at the time. :)


This is one restaurant I am definitely visiting again!

Breakfast at Antonio's
Aguinaldo Highway, Barangay Bagong Tubig
Tagaytay City
Phone number +63 (46) 413-0738
You can check out the map here.

No comments: