Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dinner at Ukokkei Ramen Ron

My friend Anne, who now lives in Austria with her Austrian husband Georg, is currently in the Philippines. On her last night in Manila, she organized dinner at Ukokkei Ramen Ron in McKinley Hill. I hadn't eaten there before; in fact, I haven't really tried a lot of the new ramen places that all came out as part of the Ramen craze in Manila so I thought this was a good venue choice.

Apparently, there's an item that they serve - Tantanmen - that's really good but it's not on the menu. Most of the folks in our group ordered it but as I got there later than almost everyone else, it had just run out of stock. Everyone seemed happy with the Tantanmen. I on the other hand ended up ordering the Shoyu Ramen. I thought it was just okay. I prefer the one in Ramen Bar. We then moved to Banapple next door for some coffee and dessert, although Tricia and CJ, who arrived after we were done eating in Ukokkei, ended up having a late dinner in Banapple instead.

I last saw Anne when we went to the Hundred Islands then had dinner in Eat Well early last year. I missed meeting up with her when she was here in March due to my stomach problems so it was great that I got to see her and Georg again now. That I also got to see my other friends, all of whom I haven't seen in ages - Ray, Dessa, Tricia, CJ, and Teb - made the evening even better.

No comments: