Monday, July 22, 2013

Live version of "Angels or Devils" by Dishwalla

I first learned about this song by Dishwalla when I was still gigging with my band years ago but it was on one of the more eclectic radio stations that I heard this live version which completely blew me away. This acoustic rendition completely outclasses their recorded version and I think this may be one of my favorite vocal performances of any rock or pop song ever.


video uploaded on youtube by mrmikebeaton

Normally, I like full band performances a lot more than acoustic versions but this just has to be an exception. Lead singer J.R. Richards' voice is just absolutely astounding and superb here and his expression and emotion gives me chills. Not sure what led me to search this version recently but since then, I have been listening to it over and over again.

No comments: