Sunday, July 28, 2013

Full weekend

This last weekend was pretty full but pretty good. Things kicked off when I went to Puyat Sports Superbowl in Makati Cinema Square (the bowling lanes, not the Chinese restaurant :)) with four of my good friends from work: Pia, Kat, AJ, and Mark. We all joined our group's bowling team and given that most of us hadn't played in a year (I, in fact, hadn't played in about 4-5 years or more!), we felt it was necessary for us to get some practice games in before the official tournament. For someone who hasn't played in years, I think I did quite well. My scores were 121, 120, and 100. Clearly I had gotten tired by the third game, but nevertheless, I still averaged about 113 per game. Still lots of room for improvement but not a bad start.

Apart from getting to play bowling and the fantastic company, another highlight of the evening was having a pizza dog from Magoo's. It's probably been like a decade since I last had a pizza dog from Magoo's and I just really love it haha. I remember saying "na-miss ko 'to" to Kat said "mukha nga" hahaha.

The next day, I drove all the way to Las Pinas to visit Suzanne at her house. It was actually her mother's 80th birthday celebration which is why she came home from the US. Since she wanted to see the gang while she was here, she invited us to join her. I woke up pretty late on Saturday - around 1pm I think - so I arrived at Suzanne's house at around 3pm. Alvin and Doray had already left but Raffa and Joh were still there. I came just in time too because the buffet was about to be packed up already. Suzanne was going to be here for about a week more so we agreed to meet up again for either bowling or karaoke (or both). I haven't been out with this set of friends doing bowling or karaoke in ages so I am definitely looking forward to next weekend when I get to spend time with all of them again.

After resting a bit at home, I then joined my colleagues for the birthday party-cum-despedida of Eman, who was leaving for another company. There were about 20 of us there, and we had a whole lot of drinks that kept us in good spirits the entire night. I brought a bottle of Absolut Citron and a partially consumed Russian Standard vodka but there were a lot of other bottles there and we actually didn't get to consume everything. We also brought a portable karaoke mic with us, making sure we were all entertained.

Sunday was a bit of a calmer day as I just spent the evening with my family. After my nephew's Tae Kwon Do class, I took him and my mom to Pino Resto Bar along Jupiter for an early dinner before hearing mass then heading home. Before that, however, I went to the Smart Araneta Coliseum to get concert tickets. I'm watching The Killers on September 26 with my friend Beck and One Republic on November 6 with my other friend Meg. The Killers were supposed to perform here in the Philippines a few years ago and I remember buying my ticket already when they cancelled due to a personal family emergency. I'm crossing my fingers that this concert finally pushes through (they are going to be in Singapore a few days before their concert here because they are slated to perform in the Singapore Grand Prix). I'm definitely looking forward to watching these two concerts.

No comments: