Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Early Father's Day Celebration

Somehow my family and I thought that Father's Day was last Sunday. We decided to have lunch but on Sunday morning, we realized Father's Day is actually on June 16. At that point, we didn't want to change our plans anymore so we decided to push through with our one-week-early celebration.

I chose IHOP in Bonifacio High Street as our late lunch venue because their menu was very extensive and I know that my nephews would find something they would like. None of us had also eaten there before and it's always great to try something new. I heard from my friends that IHOP was a bit overrated but I am guessing they were referring specifically to the pancakes (I guess I will agree) but their other menu items were really good! I am definitely taking my family here again next time. The only drawback I think is that it's a bit tight for big groups. However, I definitely want to try more items on their menu. IHOP in BGC is open until 12mn on most days except on Fridays and Saturdays when they stay open for 24 hours. Cool!

The rest of my family decided to go home afterwards but my mom, my grandmother and I stayed behind to check out a few things in the area. First, my mom had to pass by Anne Klein at the far end of Bonifacio High Street to check something out. Afterwards, we went to the newly opened SM Aura. My mom and my grandmother first went to Forever 21 where my mom got a couple of items. We then went next door to Uniqlo where my mom got a jacket that was on sale and my grandmother got pants and a shirt. I was tempted to get a couple of items in Uniqlo as well but I realized I was kinda at, and planning to get, items that I didn't need (like jeans and black collared shirts, both of which I have a lot of) so I decided not to get anything. Nevertheless, when I have a bit more time I am definitely visiting Uniqlo again since I do like some of the items they carry and their clothes are not very expensive. From our late lunch at IHOP to our visit to SM Aura, this early Father's Day celebration came with a couple of firsts.

No comments: