Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Philippine Elections 2013

The Philippine Elections concluded at 7pm yesterday and with the new electronic voting system (it's only the second time in Philippine history that this set-up has been used), the unofficial results should all be in soon. I recall the days when the counting took about a month or more. I think it will still take a month for the results to become official (what with all the confirming and cross-checking that will be done) but at least our teachers and other volunteers have to put in so much effort tallying the votes. Also, we quickly get to see the unofficial count. And the way things are going right now, I think we know more or less who are next set  of senators will be.

I can't say at this point how well these people will do in the senate so I will just hope and pray for the best (or well, that things at least do not get worse). One interesting thing I did notice yesterday was the google page. It highlighted the Philippine elections. Here's a screenshot I took. Cool!




No comments: