Saturday, April 06, 2013

Return trip to Universal Studios Singapore

To complete our amusement park weekend in Malaysia and Singapore, my family and I headed to Universal Studios Singapore. It was a bit expensive, but for the experience, we decided to take the cable car going to Sentosa.



We got there a bit past lunch time and it was still sunny but we weren't sure if it was going to rain so we decided to get on the outdoor rides first while the weather was still cooperative. My brother and my nephew decided to get on Battlestar Galactica. They were a bit more interested in the Cylon segment since it was a suspended roller coaster. Unfortunately, the waiting time was a bit long. The good thing about it was that it allowed me to practice taking shots of the roller coaster while in motion. When I finally spotted my brother and my nephew as their coaster was heading out - they were seated in front so it was easy enough for me to see them - I managed to take a photo of them. You can't really see them though, only their shoes. :)


My other nephew was getting a bit antsy since we waited for about an hour so when we were all together, we headed over to Transformers the Ride. This is probably the best 4D ride I have ever been on. It was awesome!


The first time I tried Revenge of the Mummy, I didn't know what to expect so I had my eyes closed for most of the ride LOL. This time around, I got to enjoy it a lot more. Getting on a roller coaster in the dark is a different experience. (Unfortunately, the ride photo is taken at the main drop so I do have my eyes closed in the picture hehe.)


One of my nephews wanted to try the Amber Rock Climb in the Lost World again so we headed that way. He wanted to try the toughest section to climb and while there was a bit of a wobble as he was close to the top, he still managed to make it all the way. It's even more impressive that he did it since an adult who tried this section right before my nephew had to quit after getting about two-thirds of the way to the top due to fatigue.


I wanted to try the Canopy Flyer since I think you can get a pretty good view of the park from this ride but it started to rain so we ran over to the Shrek 4-D Adventure so we would have some cover. As we got out, the rain was abating so we headed over to Enchanted Airways, a kiddie coaster that is still pretty fun to ride. By this time it was getting a bit late so we decided to wrap up our day at the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure. We chose this to be our last ride because we knew we were going to get wet and we didn't want to lose too much getting dried up after it. I knew when the ride photo was going to get taken so I reminded everyone about it. The result was a pretty good picture, I think.


It's too bad there were so many people in Universal Studios when we were there because the lines were pretty long and we didn't get to try as many things as we wanted. Nevertheless it was still a lot of fun.

No comments: