Monday, March 25, 2013

What a weekend

The weekend started on Friday. My team had an event in Batangas and since we decided to carpool instead of getting a bus, I brought my car. It was a full morning of business and strategy updates and an afternoon filled with pretty cool games. We closed the event with a fun evening program that somehow ended up like a live karaoke party - a few of the musicians kept playing songs and people kept requesting them to play songs and then they would sing along with microphones. "Lowlight" - I bombed on the one song that I performed. I was requested to do Bruno Mars' "Locked out of heaven" which I practiced maybe a couple of times two days before. We even brought the key down half a step to make it easier to sing. I did quite well during rehearsal but maybe all the shouting during the games and the exhaustion of the day left me with pretty weak breath support and I flubbed on multiple notes, especially during the bridge. Probably my worst performance ever. Oh well. It was bound to happen, at one point or another. :)

I drove back early on Saturday and took a nap for a couple of hours at home but I woke up just in time to make it to my nephew CJ's graduation. Can't believe how quickly time flies! We had dinner in Ayala Triangle after the ceremony then we headed to Picasso Boutique Hotel to spend the night. I used the second of my two vouchers for a loft room in this hotel that I got from Deal Grocer. (I have to say that I really like this hotel and I hope they open up another deal for rooms here.) I also brought with me a dozen cupcakes from Sugar Lily Cupcakes and Pastries to help make the graduation celebration even better.

The next day, we all went our separate ways. My brother and CJ went home since CJ wanted to play computer games while I drove mom to Uncle Albert's house for his birthday celebration. I was supposed to join her but my other nephew Ciera said that he wanted to go to the Toonami Inception 13 event in Eastwood. I actually thought it was his friend's party since his friend had given him an invite to the event, but apparently that invite was only to encourage their friends to go. Ciera and I got there in the early afternoon and while it was tremendously hot, it also meant that a scant few people were there at the time so Ciera was able to try everything without having to wait in line too long (some of them twice). By the time we left, there was a pretty sizable crowd and the queues at the different booths were starting to get long.

My mom went to Eastwood just as we were finished then we passed by La Funeraria Paz to pay our respects to my aunt, Tita Ghie, who very sadly passed away late last week. Her children (my cousins) were all there and they shared with us how things happened, very quickly at that. It was kind of good though that Tita Ghie was able to talk to them and tell them how much she loved them before she passed away.

Before heading home, we passed by Fleur De Lys in Tomas Morato to get some Chocolate Florentines. We also passed by Kenny Roger's to get some take out. It was at this point that it started to rain extremely hard. Thankfully our long weekend was done and we were on our way home by then.

I am quite glad that it is Holy Week this week as I will have to work for only three days this week (one down, two to go) before I get four days of rest. I badly need some rest and relaxation time.

No comments: