Sunday, March 10, 2013

Our dog is missing :(

We have two dogs at home. Since we don't have a lot of space inside our house, we normally let them out the gate every now. After some time of being outside, they return to the house, although one of them does tend to stay out longer and sometimes even camps outside our gate at night.

Unfortunately, after leaving our house early last week, one of our dogs hasn't been back. It's been about 4-5 days now so while I am still hoping for the best, chances are that something unfortunate has happened to him. There is also that probability that he may just have found some other free-roaming dogs in the neighborhood and decided to join their pack. I wish that if he never returns to us, then its the latter that has caused this and not the former.

My mom told me she asked the neighborhood security to help find our dog but he still hasn't been found. My family have also tried looking for him the last few days but I think they've given up now. I will make one last attempt to find him but I'm afraid these efforts may provide futile.

I also wonder how our other dog is dealing with this. Our dogs are brothers and they have been together now for about a year and a half. I guess we now need to take more care of him so he doesn't feel abandoned.

My brother told me that the dog of my grandparents once got out of their house and didn't return for a week. Maybe our dog will still come back after a few more days. I just pray though that if something bad happened to him, he didn't/doesn't suffer.

*****

ETA: I drove around our neighborhood a couple of times yesterday but unfortunately I didn't find our dog. I think I will make another attempt next weekend and see if maybe one of the neighbors took him in, assuming he was a stray. If I don't find him and someone else has him now, then I just hope that they take good care of him. We treated him very well and took great care of him when he was with us (maybe a bit too well because letting him out was meant to give him more freedom but apparently it backfired) so that if he is still alive and just with someone else now, then I wish he continues to have at least a decent life.

No comments: