Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trying out Nomama Artisanal Ramen

Apart from the large discounts you get, one of the things I love about deal sites is that sometimes you see some new restaurants that you may never have heard of otherwise. This was the case when I saw a deal for Nomama Artisanal Ramen. I love Japanese food and I enjoy eating ramen so I thought it would be a good experience for me to try this place.


I felt I had to order the Nomama Ramen (P295) since it carries the name of the restaurant. It has chashu (pork), tamago (egg), and seaweed in the house pork stock and a special miso-sesame blend. The verdict? I thought it was just okay. I thought the soup lacked a bit of flavor although the pork and egg were cooked well. I don't know if Nomama has a more authentic Japanese noodle flavor, but I personally prefer the ramen dishes from Ramen Bar and Sumo Sam.


I did enjoy the Mushroom Gyoza (P125). It did have a bit of sweetness to it but overall, I thought it was seasoned well with just the right amount of sear at the base of the dumpling.


Looking at their menu, they carry quite a few free range meat dishes, which is not very common in the Philippines. I have heard that free range meats are supposed to taste a bit better and I have one more voucher so maybe in my next visit, I will try a non-ramen dish. The Roasted Chicken with Ponzu Ramen does sound quite interesting.

No comments: