Thursday, January 10, 2013

New washer-dryer

In theory, I could have just had my old washer-dryer repaired. It would've cost me a lot less for sure. However, my old one already broke down a couple of years ago. I also had this feeling that my clothes weren't being washed all that well anymore. So I decided to set aside some money to get a new one.

There were only a few washer-dryers in the Metro Manila market that dry clothes 100%. These were produced by Samsung, LG, and Electrolux. I ended up getting the Samsung WD0804 with it's Eco Bubble technology. Psychologically, seeing my clothes immersed in foamier water makes me more confident that they are being cleaned better. :) Here's a video on how Eco Bubble works:


video uploaded in youtube by samsungifa2010

Second, the price, along with the discounts and the freebie, made it the most economical choice for me. Anson's was selling it with a P15,000 discount and they were throwing a free 16 megapixel Samsung camera (which retails for about P6,000). Since I already have a camera, I ended up giving this one as a Christmas gift to my brother.

Thankfully, they were able to deliver my new washer-dryer the day after I bought it, and the installation was done the day after delivery. One additional benefit that I didn't realize with this new machine is that it is a whole lot more quiet than my old washer-dryer. It also has a Super Eco Wash option that allows me to wash clothes using less energy. Pretty cool! Hopefully this one lasts me as long, if not longer, than my previous one.

No comments: