Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Conti's Strawberry Shortcake

Conti's is known for its good desserts. While most people rave about the Mango Bravo, I do think my favorite is their Mango Tart. However, second honors for me go to their Strawberry Shortcake. It's light and fluffy, making it very easy to eat even after a heavy meal.


This cake is P395 and is about 6" in diameter and 4" tall. Its size makes it perfect for small groups of people and its price makes it quite affordable. I ended up getting a whole cake for myself LOL. A friend of mine told me that I am the only one he knows who buys a full cake just for himself (of course I eat it over the course of a few days). But when you think about it, cake slices tend to cost close to P100 so getting a full cake (which translates to about 8 slices) means you save a lot more. It also means I end up eating a lot of sugar over the course of a week. But hey, I don't do it very often. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that strawberry shortcake, I'm planning to eat a slice of thatat Conti's soon. I'm so jealous, I want a whole cake for myself. LOL. How's the cake btw? ^_^

Xtn said...

Sorry, late reply. I think the cake is pretty good. There are better strawberry shortcakes out there but this one is pretty affordable while still tasting good so I get one every now and then (sometimes a slice, sometimes the whole cake. :))