Saturday, August 04, 2012

Stuck at home with a stupid illness

Can't believe I'm stuck at home now with conjunctivitis. In layman's terms, sore eyes. Ugh. I don't know where I got it. I haven't been in contact with anyone who had noticeably red eyes recently. In fact, when I woke up on Friday morning with a red eye, I thought it was just because of a busted blood vessel or maybe it got irritated from my long hair (I badly need a haircut). But after three doses of Visine on Friday, my eye remained red. And when it didn't seem to clear up in the morning, I decided to see a doctor.

Funny and unique experience: the clinic I went to had only two available doctors - a general practitioner and a pediatrician. Since the queue for the general practitioner was too long, the nurse told me I could go see the pediatrician instead hahaha! I don't remember the last time I saw a pediatrician but hey, conjunctivitis is a common ailment among kids so a pediatrician would surely be able to properly diagnose me. And when she did, the news wasn't good. Argh!

The last time I had conjunctivitis was in 2000 and it took me 2 weeks to recover. It sucked too because I was supposed to go to Kalibo for the Ati-Atihan Festival - I had my plane ticket already - then I got sick a few days before. This time around, I missed the birthday celebration of my inaanak earlier today and I will surely miss the 1st year death anniversary of Mama Guading tomorrow. This truly sucks. I guess I will just be with my family and with Mama in spirit tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope this bout of conjunctivitis won't last very long. My friend Joyce told me that three of her students has sore eyes recently and they all got well within a week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the same happens to me.

No comments: