Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Splurging

The recent long weekends (along with my movie-watching) allowed me to spend a bit more time in malls. I noticed a lot of shops were on sale so I decided to check out stuff that I had been interested in buying for a while now. Earlier in the year, I saw these yellow and blue Nike Free 5.0 cross-trainers that I was really wanted to get. To be quite honest, it wasn't really a need; my current cross-trainers were still in great condition. But when I passed by The Athlete's Foot, I noticed that they still had one pair that was my size and it had a 20% discount. Too good to pass up. :) I ended up getting those shoes.

I matched that with an orange Adidas Climacool shirt that I got at 30% off. I had been seeing this shirt for a while as well now but I always felt it was a bit too expensive. Shaving 30% off of the price meant that it was now in a more acceptable price range. As such, it ended up in my shopping bag. Now I have bright yellow and blue trainers and a bright orange shirt. I should wear those two together. That'd be a sight for sore eyes. :)

On top of that, I got about 10 new DVDs - all of them, movies I haven't seen, such as "The Social Network", "Shutter Island", "Crazy Stupid Love", and "Hangover II". I tossed in 5 CDs (most of which I got at P99 each!) which now means I have a lot of new music to add to my iTunes and I have enough movies to keep me entertained at home for a while. The only downside is that my credit card bill is going to take a hit next month. But hey, you have to spend some money on yourself every now and then, right? :)

No comments: