Saturday, July 21, 2012

Reconnecting

It's been about half a decade since I last saw my cousins Joy and Charmaine who are now based in Canada. Charmaine just got married and their wedding was held here in the Philippines so it was a good opportunity for me to catch up with both of them. I wasn't able to join them for the wedding ceremony itself as it was held out of town but they organized dinner last Sunday for the family, to make sure we all got to see them. Unfortunately, it was on a Sunday night and one of my nephews was in a bad mood that night so my family and I couldn't stay long.

Thankfully, they organized dinner with their cousins on both sides of their family on Friday night. It was raining very hard that evening but I was determined to make it even if I was very late. As it turned out, I got there before a lot of other people because everyone got stuck in storm-induced traffic as well. Anyways, as there weren't a lot of people with us that night, it was a good chance for me to catch up with both my cousins and their significant others - Charmaine's husband and Joy's boyfriend who also came to the Philippines with them from Canada. I also got to see my other cousin Jessica whom I haven't seen in an even longer time! After about three hours, we decided to call it a night, especially since they were all flying out the next day. It wasn't a lot of time in the grand scheme of things, but it was time well spent together. I do hope I get to see them all again soon, whether here on in Canada.

No comments: