Monday, July 16, 2012

Broken suitcase

After 14 years of heavy use, the very first suitcase I bought - a handcarry-size Samsonite - finally succumbed to the wear and tear of travel. I used it over the weekend and after lugging it around in the morning, I noticed that the combination lock mechanism was no longer attached to the bag. Eep!

I have to give props to that suitcase though. It outlasted a lot of my other bags. I probably broke two large suitcases and 1 medium-sized one (I may have broken more medium-sized ones but I normally use either the big or the small one when I travel so the medium-sized one is not as heavily used). While Samsonite is a relatively expensive brand, based on my experience, it is clearly sturdier. As such, I will probably replace my broken suitcase with another Samsonite. Given my recent big ticket purchases though, I need to be more conscientious about my spending now. As such, I probably won't buy a new one until my next trip.

No comments: